Camino de los 7 Lagos

“The mysticism and romance expressed in the wines of Camino de los 7
Lagos come from the vast landscapes of the Patagonia. Our wines pay honour to this land of inmense beauty where the last unaltered touches of creation can still be traced.”

Camino de los 7 Lagos was the first winery in the Province of Neuquen. Our vineyards are located in the district of San Patricio del Chañar, 55 km away from the provincial capital (Neuquen City). The region enjoys exceptional conditions for the cultivation of grapes. There is excellent temperature variations with warm sunny days followed by cool nights which give the grapes an excellent balance of fruit and acidity, color, and aromas and body, all of which is reflected in our wines.

The warming rays of the sun beam down through a usually cloudless sky to allow the grapes to ripen fully, while low relative humidiy and low rainfall (around 180 mm annually) ensures that the grapes remain healthy.
It is in this naturally healthy Patagonian environment that we have 800 hectares of vineyards on sandy and rocky soils. The majority of vines planted are those of red varietals, accounting for around 85% of production with the remaining 15% reserved for whites. We nurture outstanding Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Pinot Noir and Syrah to produce our red wines and Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Semillon and Viogner for our whites.

The vineyards were planted in 1999. The vines are trained on a low trellis with a single cordon bilateral system. The pressurized, computerized irrigation allows the so-called miracle of life to occur in a desert soil by drip feeding the vine. The water for this comes from the Neuquen River which itself is a result of summer snowmelt of the Andes Mountain Range. Harvestt takes place between February and April.

Camino de los 7 Lagos is equipped with state-of-the-art technology for its wine production and storage. This allows us to perfect the techniques of winemaking and to ensure that the wine is of the highest quality and has an individual character and style. This also allows us to benefit from excellent quality control over each and every bottle of wine we produce.

Our modern winery is equipped with more than 200 stainless steel tanks and 1200 oak barrels. This gives us the capacity to handle around 8.000.000 litres of wine.
The winery is dedicated to producing wines of the highest quality, using the latest technology and by taking advantage of the exceptional Patagonian terroir.